Holiday wrapping inspiration ... with canvas bags

Monday, December 19, 2011

My Christmas wrapping continues! I bought these adorable cotton bags at Creative Bag and I added iron on transfers to personalize them for my great nephews this weekend. The boys are both under the age of 5 and I could see them using these bags after the holidays to hold toys and books.
You can buy iron on transfers at most craft stores. I like to purchase the blank iron on transfer sheets that I can print on my ink jet printer. The art that I created for my bags are from the same digital kits that I used to make my Christmas cards and tags. You can find the digital art here .

If you have never made or used iron on transfers before, I have two tips to pass along:
1. Read all of the instructions before you print on the transfer paper ... even if you have used iron on transfers in the past - not every transfer is the same - for example I had to print "mirror" image on mine so that the words would read properly after ironing.
2. Test a small transfer on a scrap piece of cotton fabric to get use to how long to iron and when to peel off the paper backing. This is important if you are doing transfers on tee shirts, bags or any other finished items.
Here's another close up of the bags ... you can see that I personalized each bag with the boy's names. I attached more of my Christmas tags to these bags using baker's twine and safety pins.

You can buy these cotton bags in different sizes which is great because I can see using these for lots of different things - party loot bags, wedding favors and custom packaging. I'm sure that you will see these in many of my projects in the new year!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!